WEBSITE SEO FOR HIGH NATURAL (ORGANIC) SEARCH RANKING
Generalised internet search now results in entries which include images, videos, documents (e.g. pdf), and social media entries in addition to webpages.
In addition, search can nowadays be focussed on specific content, e.g. images, videos, Google maps extract, news, blogs, books.
This page is specifically about helping companies to achieve high search ranking for the pages of their website(s). We do however also provide support for social media activity (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) and Google Maps entries to achieve website visits and build awreness / branding. .
WARNINGS / CAUTIONS
Many companies have become nervous of contracting consultancies to carry out SEO. The primary reasons for this are:
- There can be no guarantee of success because ranking is competitive and competitor optimisation activity can therefore impact results. Google itself warns companies to beware any company which does guarantee SEO results
- Many agencies offer blitz type SEO contracts – often for several thousands of pounds. High investment rarely immediately effective because search engines respond best to natural change implemented steadily over a period of months
- Many agencies concentrate on achieving high ranking for phrases which are not searched at a reasonable frequency
- Optimising content purely to achieve search engine ranking can result in pages which are not effective with people
Living Streams clients do not encounter any of these dangers, see below....
LIVING STREAMS APPROACH TO SEO
For Client Confidence
Living Streams approach to search engine optimisation addresses the listed ;'warning / cautions' in a number of ways:
- Search frequency research is always completed prior to selecting target phrases so that clients know what volume of visitors can be expected from high ranking
- Competitive analysis is always carried out prior to any optimisation work to determine the viability of achieving high ranking and scale the necessary work
- You can obtain advice, support or implementation to match your individual needs and capabilities
- For SEO implementation you can opt to pay:
- On an hours per month basis – either sand-alone or part of a support contract
- Ongoing but with a minimum term of just 1 month and 30 day cancellation terms #
- Only when high ranking is achieved – with Living Streams taking all of the risk
- On a per website visit basis (when these result from organic search using phrases closely related to those targeted)
We approach SEO as an ongoing campaign, to match search engine expectations, rather than a one-off event.
Actual Search Engine Optimisation
Different search engines rank website content using different algorithms. These algorithms are changed several times a year as the search engines strive to give more relevant results to web searchers. Living Streams keep itself up to date by undertaking regular update training – books, webinars and conferences – supplied by organisations including Stompernet, Google, Perry Marshall, 30 Day Challenge Plus, Marketing Experiments and WSI. We also use many paid tools to assist us in providing the best possible results for our clients – Web CEO, Marketing Samurai, the Link Assistant suite of applications and Keyword Discovery.
Optimisation for high ranking consists of action in three areas:
• on page # – URL, title tag, description meta tag, keyword meta tag, search engine recognised headings and content relevance
• in website – primarily linking to and from the targeted page(s)
• incoming external links
# For tags we pay attention to what searchers will see when high ranking is achieved as well as factors which impact the search engines: Having got onto the first page of search, you still needed to attract the searchers click. The keyword meta tag content is not considered by Google but does have minor significance for some other search engines.
Google is the dominant search engine in the UK and it puts a lot of importance on incoming links: Living Streams therefore offers linking as a stand-alone service as well as part of an overall SEO campaign.
Analytics is used for monitoring the behaviour of natural search website visitors – including advanced segmentation to monitor individual keywords when necessary.
To get business results from SEO requires 3 elements to work:
• Selection from the ranked internet content
• Good reaching to the initial (landing) page
Living Streams therefore pays attention to all 3 factors when undertaking SEO for our clients.